AMAZING CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD


My friend Lyndsey told me about this dish and sent me her recipe.  As usual, I look at a recipe then make it my own.  The original recipe, I felt needed something.  So, I adjusted the amount of lime juice and made sure I used fresh limes.  I also added used extra virgin olive oil.  

I make something very similar using shrimp.  Here is that recipe.  While it is similar it is totally different.  With that said, I think this recipe would also be great with shrimp.  

This is a quick and easy meal to put together and you really need to let it sit a few hours before eating it.  The flavor really enhances with time.

As I said, I used real limes and not pre-made lime juice.


Juice one to two limes.


Cut your avocados. 


Make sure to cut them bite-sized.  


Slice some spring onions.


Chop fresh cilantro.


I used canned chicken.  Click here for the recipe.


Add everything into a bowl.


Next, add the freshly squeezed lime juice and extra virgin olive oil.


Mix together.


AMAZING CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD

Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 3 avocados
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
  • 4 to 5 spring onions chopped
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  • Chop cilantro and dice onions,
  • Squeeze lime juice.
  • Cut avocado into small pieces.
  • Add chicken, avocado, corn, onion, and cilantro to a bowl.
  • Sprinkle garlic powder onto mixture and drizzle lime juice and EVOO on.  Mix well.
  • Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours and serve cold.
You can use sauteed chicken, roasted chicken, or rotisserie chicken.  I chose to use some of my canned chicken.  

I suggest you use one avocado that is riper then the other 2 so you can get a creamy texture.

If you do not want to use spring onions substitute a purple onion in its place.  You want a bite to your onion so I personally would use one of those 2.  

I think this would be a great hot weather meal.  




ENJOY!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS