7 INGREDIENT YUM YUM SAUCE~THAT REALLY GOOD JAPANESE WHITE SAUCE


Evidently today I am all about Asian food.  It really all started out with me wanting to make the chicken lettuce wraps for dinner but I wanted to switch it up some and see if I could sub out some ingredients to make it a more frugal dish and the flavor stay the same.  This morning I got to thinking, that we sure ate the last 2 batches of these yummies very quickly and just maybe I needed something more to go with it.  Which got me thinking about some Hibachi style rice.  I love using my instant pot for rice so why not.  Once my rice was done, I wondered if I could find that wonderful Yum Yum sauce that Japanese restaurants serve with their hibachi style food.  Do not know what I was thinking because of course that is out there on the internet.  The recipe I went with came from the blog So Damn Delicious.  

It is quick, easy, and rather painless to toss together.  The only drawn back is you really need to make this ahead of time.  Like a day ahead of time to make it awesome.  Gather your ingredients.  




If you notice my title says 7 and my picture has only 6 ingredients.  What is missing in my picture is water.  I was unsure if I would really need water so I did not take a picture of it.  Let me say, you need the water to help thin your sauce out.  So do not leave it out. 

Seriously, all you do is add your ingredients and mix together.  I chose to add everything but the water to see just how much water I would need.


Mix this together.  This is when you will starting adding water.  


I bet it will be good on my rice.  


Yum Yum Sauce 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder 
Directions:  Melt butter and add all ingredients together and whip to blend.   Let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour but overnight is better.

I tweaked the original (above) recipe.  I sprinkled some more garlic powder and more cayenne pepper powder into the sauce.  I probably wound up using a scant 1/7 teaspoon of cayenne and scant 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.  





If you like this recipe please come back and comment.  ENJOY!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS