INSTANT POT HIBACHI STYLE RICE


I am making chicken lettuce wraps today and decided to make some rice to go along with our meal.  I decided to make Hibachi rice.  Well, my version of Hibachi rice.  Yeah, I changed up a few things.   I know making Hibachi rice probably makes no sense because if you know anything about chicken lettuce wraps, it is a PF Chang copycat recipe.  AND PF Chang's is a Chinese style restaurant and Hibachi rice is Japanese style rice.  Hey, it works for me. I just felt like the meal needed a bit more substance that is why I chose to make rice.  I did not want plain rice.  I wanted some good rice that could be enjoyed as a side dish, not as part of the main course.

Since getting my instant pot I have not made rice any other way.  Honestly, rice comes out so good in the IP.  


I chose to use Jasmine rice.  Rinse your rice really well. Rinsing your rice helps to get rid of the starch.



Instead of water, I chose to use some homemade chicken bone broth.  I think broth gives rice more flavor and homemade just ups the goodness level to more healthy.



I added the rice to the IP and dripped about a teaspoon of olive oil into the rice. 



Then I added the broth and closed my lid and made sure my vent was closed and put it on manual for 3 minutes.  Once the time is up, allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes.  



Once you naturally release take the rice out of your inner pot. 



I chopped half of an onion.



Put some oil in the inner pot.



I also decided instead of using a half bag of frozen peas and carrots and another half of a bag of frozen corn, I just bought a bag of frozen vegetables.  The only difference is mine has green beans in it and it was cheaper this way.  

Add the onion and the frozen vegetables back into your inner pot and put on saute.  



Add some soy sauce.



Some Garlic Hoisin sauce.



Cook until softened and add the rice back into the inner pot.



Adjust per your taste.  I added more soy and hoisin.  


INSTANT POT HIBACHI STYLE RICE

Ingredients
  • 2 cups jasmine rice 
  • 2 cups of chicken bone broth
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons canola oil 
  • 1/2 medium onion chopped
  • 1 bag of frozen vegetables
  • 1 to 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons garlic hoisin sauce
Directions
  • Measure out 2 cups of jasmine rice.  Place in a fine mesh strainer and rinse well.  
  • Put rice into the inner pot of your IP and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.  Stir together.  
  • Add 2 cups broth or water to the inner pot.  Make sure all rice is covered with the liquid. 
  • Put on the lid of IP and make sure the vent is on closed.  Set IP for 3 minutes manually.
  • Once 3 minutes are up, allow to naturally release for another 10 minutes.  Then do a quick release.
  • Take out rice and put into a container.
  • Add 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil to the inner pot and put the IP on saute mode.
  • Chop half of an onion and place in the inner pot, along with 1 bag of frozen peas, corn, carrots, and green beans.  Cook until crisp-tender.  Add the rice back into the inner pot with the vegetables.  Stir to blended well.  Add light soy sauce and garlic hoisin sauce to taste.  Keep on warm setting until warm.
 A lot of recipes online will call for a half bag of frozen peas and carrots and another half bag of frozen corn.  I find that a waste of money when you can get one bag for under a dollar of frozen vegetable mix.  Yeah I know it has green beans in it but why not.  In my opinion, It does not change the flavor. You really could add anything you want.  After I was done fixing my Hibachi rice, I realized I had some baby bella mushrooms I could have added to the mix.  So, do not be afraid to make this your own.

Happy Tuesday and ENJOY!!!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS