SUN DRIED TOMATOES WITHOUT THE SUN

 SUN-DRIED TOMATOES WITHOUT THE SUN


I purposely make sure I have several cherry or grape tomato plants just so I can make these little jewels.  

I use sun-dried tomatoes in several recipes so having them on hand is always nice.  I mean they are rather expensive in the stores.  Plus growing my own tomatoes I know they are organic.  

As you read that this is done without the sun because you are going to use a food dehydrator.  I promise though you will still have the same great flavor.  

They really are so easy to make and all you have to do is cut your tomatoes in half and place them on the dehydrator.


Some people will toss them in olive oil and spices.  You can do that but it is totally optional.


Fill up your trays and put the top on and I chose 135 degrees and allow them to dehydrate for several hours.  It is really hard to say how long because each house is different.  The humidity level is also different. 

You can also store them a couple of different ways.  You can put them in the fridge or you can put them in a jar with some oil.  

Here is one of my favorite recipes I use them in.  Click here for my recipe for Divine Cajun Chicken pasta.  

Come back later in the week for the rest of this post.  ENJOY!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS