MAPLE TURKEY SAUSAGE


I have to say shortly after Christmas we found whole turkeys on sale for .25 cents a pound.  I really do not know what we were thinking considering we have moved and no longer have 2 refrigerators and 2 freezers because we bought 100lbs of turkey.  SMH!!!  Boy, what a ton of work.  We used about every single part that we could. One of the things I really wanted to make was some turkey sausage along with canned turkey, bone broth, smoked parts, and pieces for beans and greens.  I do not regret doing it but for a couple of weeks, we had our hands full working on turkey stuff.  

We found this recipe and multiplied it by ten.  We made ten pounds of turkey sausage without even being sure we would like it.  Thank goodness we did!  I am putting the recipe in a pound increment so you can try it before you commit to several pounds.  Please remember you can tweak it as you wish.  If you want less maple syrup put less. If you like a real sagey sausage add more.  

Maple Turkey Sausage

Ingredients

  • 1 lb cold ground turkey
  • 1 T maple syrup
  • 1 t sea salt
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • 1/4 t red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1/2 t dried thyme
  • 1/2 t dried sage
Directions
You can use already ground turkey or grind your own.  Add your ground turkey to a bowl along with all the other ingredients.  Ground turkey is a loose meat so I do not suggest mixing this in a stand-up mixer.  You need to do it with your hands.  You do not want to over-mix.  

This is my first post in months.  I have been a bit busy.  We moved a short time ago and trying to reestablish our life in a new area that we are not familiar with.  I will try to do better and post more.  I have tons of drafts in process.  So please keep following me.  And as I try to say if you make a recipe let me know how you liked it.  How you may have tweaked it to your taste.  

Happy Thursday.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS