DIY VANILLA SUGAR SCRUB ~ A MOTHER'S DAY SERIES

Mother's Day is coming up soon.  I thought my peeps might want to have some thoughts on DIY gifts for a mother in your life.  

Tomorrow I leave for a short vacation with my daughter.  My beautiful girl turns 25 tomorrow!!  I can not believe my child who made me a mother is turning a quarter of a century.  Time sure does fly.  We are going to a spa on Wednesday.  I am looking forward to spending a relaxing day with my child.  I also have a cold and do not feel well so hopefully, this will help me feel better.  With the spa day fast approaching I thought I would post this recipe for a body scrub.   

Since I made my Vanilla Sugar I have been wanting to make a sugar scrub.  They are rather expensive when purchased in a store.  My frugal heart is all about saving money plus I love to know what I am eating or using.  My skin is extremely sensitive so I must be very careful what types of scents, perfumes, and lotions I use.  Even shampoos, conditioner, and other hair products have been known to make me itch.





Since Mother's Day is coming up I thought this might be wonderful.  Just buy a pretty bottle and gather your ingredients and you have a thoughtful loving gift for a special someone.

VANILLA SUGAR SCRUB

Ingredients
  • 1 C Vanilla Sugar *
  • 1/2 C oil such as almond, coconut, grapeseed or olive
  • 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil (optional)
Directions
  • Combine all ingredients and stir.  
  • Store in an airtight container.
Instructions on Usage
  • Scoop out a small amount into your hands.
  • Rub on feet, hands. elbows or any place you wish to smooth and soften.
  • Allow soaking into your skin a few minutes.
  • Rinse well and pat dry.
*If you do not have vanilla sugar you can use sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extracts.

You see how easy that is?  You do not have to go to the expense of buying the vitamin E oil but I l think it is a good addition. 

Also if you want to make variations of the scrub you can add essential oils.  I think Lavender would work well.  As I have said before do not let your imagination limit you.  Use any type of essential oils you think you would like.

I will post a picture very soon.  I love the way it feels on my feet.  

Coming soon are more DIY gifts you can make for Mother's Day.  Look for Lavender Milk Bath, Salt Scrub, Body Lotion and much more.  



ENJOY!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS