ROSEMARY LEMON DOG SPRAY ~ IT IS PESKY BUG SEASON


NOTE:  While I am displaying this spray for animals, It totally works for their human.  I use this all the time for myself.  Our little Charley Girl is almost 6 months old now.  She is finally enjoying the outside but there are drawbacks to her being outside.  We have hawks and really large owls around our house then add in the coyotes.  She is so small that we really have to guard her well because she thinks she is fearless.  I mean, after all, she rules the house.  My poor cats, Lola use to rule the roost but Charley has small dog syndrome and thinks she is bigger then she really happens to be.  



There are a lot of other things to worry about when you have a pet.  You need to take care of them not only by food, water and protection but need to worry about all kinds worms, ticks, and even fleas.  Yes, fleas.  Have you ever had an invasion of fleas in your home?  If you have then you know how hard it is to get rid of them.  I like to think about being pro-active when it comes to those pesky insects.  

Several years ago a friend of a friend told me about using rosemary as a spray for your animals.  At the time we were dogless but I kept that in mind.  The big plus is in making a homemade remedy you are not using harsh chemicals on your beloved pet.  I have heard horror stories about using chemical flea ointments and I do not want that to happen to Charley.  I also do not want Charley bringing in fleas to the cats.  Lola and Willow are indoor kitty cats so I do not worry about them bringing in fleas but being given fleas.




The flea spray I make is very simple.  You guys know I love simple and I love when I have all the ingredients.  All you need is a lemon, some rosemary sprigs, and water.  Yep, I told you it was simple.   

This recipe makes a quart.  I keep spray water bottles on hand so that is not normally an issue.  

ROSEMARY LEMON FLEA SPRAY

Ingredients

  • 1 lemon
  • 5 sprigs of rosemary 
  • 1 almost a quart of hot water
Directions
  • Slice your lemon into paper thin slices.
  • Remove the needles/leaves of the rosemary off the stems and mince.
  • Put the lemon and rosemary into a quart jar or a bowl and cover with hot water.
  • Allow sitting at least 12 hours before using.
  • Strain and pour into a spray bottle and spray your pets when they come back in from outside.

You know this is a win win situation because not only are you protecting your pet from a nasty little varmit, you are also not using harsh chemicals and better yet they feel good after their foray outside.

With the weather warming here in the south, the fleas are already out and about.  Another great thing is mosquitoes do not like rosemary so maybe they will not bite your sweet pup or kitty.  You can also use this as a spray when you are sitting outside or even as a deodorizer in your home.

If you do not have fresh rosemary you can use dried rosemary but remember it is stronger.  If using dried I would use about 1/8 to a 1/4 cup.  

Happy Sunday Peeps!!

ENJOY!

END NOTE:  This spray is also good to use for your house.  You can spray pillows, beds, furniture or even your car interior for a fresh clean scent.  

Comments



  1. I am a frequent viewer of your site and it provides useful information about pest services. Keep updating.
    Zuba Flea & Tick Spray

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS