DIY SPAGHETTI MIX SEASONING



I love to make my own seasonings.  I love the fact that you can control how much sodium is in stuff.  Plus you can adjust to your own taste.  If you want some heat you can add dried pepper or ground pepper powders.  We like heat in our house but I did not add it to this recipe. 

A while back I made Mississippi Pot Roast and while it was good it was just way too salty.  Scott felt the same way.  So, I made my own ranch mix.  This allowed me to cut the salt which made my next Mississippi Pot Roast much better.  I have made other spice seasoning mixes before but that was really out of necessity because I did not have a mix packet and really did not feel like running out to the store.  However, in making the Mississippi Pot Roast it really taught me a lot about just how much sodium is in pre-packaged seasoning mixes.  

Today I am making Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats and I decided to make it Italian style.  Which means I need to make a spaghetti seasoning mixture.  AND I thought why not post it on here.  Others might just enjoy making their own seasoning mixes as well.  

I always grind my dried seasonings in my mortar and pestle.  It really helps to bring back the flavor of a spice that is dried and been sitting a while.  



To make spaghetti mix seasoning you just add all the ingredients together and blend together really well.




SPAGHETTI MIX SEASONING

Ingredients
  • 1 reduced sodium beef bullion cube
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • pinch of black pepper
Directions
  • Crush the bullion cube and combine all ingredients in one bowl and combine
Extremely easy and if you are like me you have all those ingredients at hand.  

ENJOY!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS