THYME TEA FOR A COUGH




If you have been reading my posts in the last few days, you know I have been sick.  If you know me you also know the fact that I prefer to use all natural ways to stay healthy.  Of course, that does not always happen but I do try really hard to use natural ways to improve my health.  

With this nasty crud stuff that is going on in my system, I have been coughing a lot.  I mean so much that I did not sleep well last night.  I have coughed all day today as well.  I have taken apple cider vinegar to help with my cold and my overall health but I needed something for this persistent cough.  Unfortunately, I am out of honey so that was not an option.  In my research today I found thyme is good for a cough.  It is also good for a sore throat.  

Being sick I did not feel like going down to my herb garden to get fresh leaves.  I decided to make a tea with dry leaves from my garden last year.  

I got my teacup out along with dried thyme and my tea ball. 



I put the thyme in my tea infusing ball.



Add hot water.



I tried using my tea infusing ball but it really did not work.  I wound up having to strain out the thyme leaves.  Which really is not a huge deal.  



I allowed the tea to steep for 10 minutes.  Then I added some agave syrup to sweeten and mellow out the thyme flavor.


I have to admit the flavor was not nearly as strong as I thought it would be.  Plus this really worked!!!  

THYME TEA

Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons crushed fresh thyme leaves
  • 1 cup hot water
  • Agave or honey to sweeten
Directions
  • Boil 1 cup of water.  
  • Add thyme leaves to hot water and allow to steep for 10 minutes.  
  • Add sweetener.
Some variations to thyme tea would be fresh lemon slices or cinnamon sticks.  This recipe can be doubled or tripled to make more and store in the fridge.  Just serve it hot.  

Thyme has a long history for medicinal purposes.  It has antiseptic purposes.  It also heals and cleanses your body of toxins that can make you sick. 

Next time you are sick think about making a cup of thyme tea.  I promise you will not be sorry.  

ENJOY!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS