CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD OH HOW DELICIOUS





I have been meaning to post this recipe for some time but as usual, life got in the way.  It is so much easier to post when I have just finished making something.  For some reason, my juices flow better when attempting to explain the recipe.  I have said over and over I am not an English major and I am quite terrible with grammar.  I have a hard time writing a story.  I do not elaborate enough or use enough flowery words.  For this, I apologize but I do try and I enjoy sharing my experiences with you.

I am trying to remember every detail of the story of this recipe as I made it.  While I can not remember all the details, I do remember it was a huge hit.  My first loaf disappeared within a few short hours.  Now, to be honest, I did have 3 children over and they devoured it but their parents seemed to enjoy it just as much.  I always find it a testimony to my cooking when whatever I have made does not last long around the house.  

My first attempt was good and tasted a lot like a cake brownie.  Honestly, if you did not know there was zucchini in it you would have no clue you were eating something with a vegetable in it.  It is that good but I wanted it a bit more moist so I adapted the recipe and added sour cream.  A good dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt helps to give it the moisture it sometimes needs.

Start with shredding the zucchini.  A good thing about this recipe is you want the moisture so you do not have to drain the zucchini.




Mix your wet ingredients together, which consist of eggs, sour cream, light brown sugar, melted butter, canola oil and homemade vanilla extract.  




Then mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt together.  




Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together.




Then fold in shredded zucchini.




The next step is totally optional.  Add chocolate chips for an added vavoom.  Yes, this puts it over the edge to some degree but death my chocolate could be a good thing, right? 

Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.



Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes.  Your bread is done when you can put a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.  




CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD

Ingredients
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 large eggs - room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9X5 loaf pan. 
  • Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt together.
  • Whisk together eggs, sour cream, butter, canola oil, vanilla and brown sugar.
  • Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together.  
  • Fold in the shredded zucchini.
  • If you are adding chocolate chips and/or walnuts fold this in last.
  • Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes.  
  • Your bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.  
  • Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 10 to 15 minutes before releasing.  
I have now made several loaves and each time I tend to add something different.  As I stated earlier the first loaf was without the sour cream, chocolate chip, and walnuts.  I have since added the sour cream to each loaf.  Gradually I have added the chocolate chips and walnuts.  I have even tried white chocolate chips.  

ENJOY!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS