DIY ALL NATURAL ANTI-ITCH SPRAY FOR YOUR DOG



With our Charley girl, we are so careful with what we use on her due to all the health issues she has had in the past.  I try to watch what I buy for her to eat.  I watch what I shampoo her with and what I spray on her.  I prefer to go all natural and therefore I tend to make a lot of stuff for her.  I even make a spray to keep the bugs off of her.
Charley


I have several friends who have told me how their pouch tends to scratch a lot.  Brooke's Nova and my son's sweet Winston both have issues and scratch a lot.  I did a bit of research and came up with this recipe.  It is simple and all natural.  It should not hurt your pup.  
Nova Lee


Winston


In case you did not know, spring and summer a dog tends to have more issues with itchy skin.  Some dogs will scratch until they are raw so it is very important to take care of their itchy issues.  I mean do you like to be itchy?  I sure do not.  

This spray is meant to alleviate your pup's itch all naturally and with products, you probably already have on hand.  

You need 1 cup of distilled water.  If you do not have distilled you can boil tap water or allow it to sit out overnight.  


Brew 4 ounces each of chamomile and green tea.  Making a total of 1 cup or 8 ounces. 


1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.  We make our own.


 Next use a couple of drops of lavender essential oil.


Mix this all together in a spray bottle.



Why use these ingredients?  

Chamomile Tea is good for its calming factor.  It will help to calm your skin as well as your dog's skin.  It is not just for relaxing.

Green Tea has anti-inflammatory properties.  It also helps with the odor of the ACV.

ACV (apple cider vinegar) is amazing for your dog and their human pets.  ACV has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.  It will also alleviate itchy skin and repel fleas and ticks.  

Lavender Essential Oil has skin soothing qualities.  Just be careful how much you use because it can be overpowering for your dog.

NATURAL ANTI ITCH SPRAY

Ingredients
  • 1 cup distilled water
  • 4 ounces brewed chamomile tea chilled
  • 4 ounces brewed green tea chilled
  • 1/2 cup all natural apple cider vinegar
  • 2 drops lavender essential oil
Directions
  • Mix everything together and pour into a spray bottle.  Keep in the fridge for additional cooling properties.  
If your dog still has issues do not hesitate to take him or her to the vet.  There may be issues beyond what an all natural DIY spray can handle.  

ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS