THE BEST AND EASIEST CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP RECIPE EVER


first I need to mention this is a slow cooker or you may call it a crockpot, recipe.  That is the easy part mentioned in my title.

This is my daughter's favorite soup that I make.  I honestly can not pinpoint how long ago I started making this soup.  I know it has been quite a while.  

This recipe is so darn easy to make.  It is like one of those dump cake recipes.  You just dump your ingredients into a crockpot and allow it to cook.  

As I mentioned this is my daughter's favorite soup.  My son likes a chicken and rice soup that I make.  Why can't kids like the same things?  It sure would make it easier if they did.  But then I bet they would be boring kids.  


Honest to goodness, you just add all your ingredients.  Even your chicken goes in raw.  

Add chicken, chicken stock, red enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, onion, fire roasted diced tomatoes, can of green chilies, chopped garlic, and cumin to a large crockpot and let it cook.  If you chose high heat cook it for 3 to 4 hours.  I normally cook mine on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.  Once it has cooked take a fork and shred your chicken.  



This is such a nice and different soup to fix but let me warn you it makes a huge pot.  So, you have some to share with friends.  Or in my case, my daughter.

I normally garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and some corn chips.  



THE BEST AND EASIEST CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP

Ingredients
  • 1 pound chicken breast (raw)
  • 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 10 ounces of mild red enchilada sauce
  • 2 cans of black beans (14 to 16 ounces)
  • 1 15 to 16 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
  • 1 15 to 16 ounce can of whole kernel corn
  • 1 small can of mild green chilies (4 oz)
  • 1 onion diced
  • 4 cloves of garlic minced
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions
  • Add all ingredients starting with chicken into a crockpot.
  • Cook on high heat for 3 to 4 hours or low heat for 6 to 8 hours.  
  • Once cooked, shred your chicken.  You can take the chicken out of the slow cooker or leave it in the crockpot to shred.
  • Serve with garnishes such as shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, tortilla chips or corn chips.  
This is a great snowy day recipe or a busy work day recipe to make.  You can convert this and make it on your stove top if you wish.  If you chose to do this you will need to cook the chicken prior to adding it into the soup.  You can boil chicken, use canned chicken, or saute some chicken.  Add all ingredients into a large saucepan and cook.  It should take around 20 to 30 minutes.  

I hope you try this recipe.  Please if you do come back and make comments. 

As always each recipe should be subjected to your taste.  Add the amount of seasoning and other ingredients you wish.  Remember salt is totally optional.  If you are using a lot of store-bought ingredients you probably do not need to use any salt.  Since a lot of my ingredients are home canned goods and I rarely add salt when canning, I normally use a bit of salt in my recipe.

Variations:  You can use mild or hot enchilada sauce.  Switch whole kernel corn for Mexican canned corn.  You could use jalapenos instead of green chilies or you can use hot green chilies instant of mild.  If you do not like garlic do not use it.  Or if you do not have fresh garlic use some ground garlic powder.  Instead of salt use garlic salt.  

ENJOY!!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS