BEST EVER FLUFFY SOURDOUGH PANCAKES


If you follow my blog on Facebook you know I have started my four sourdough starter once again.  I normally work with a potato flake starter and have had wonderful success with it but I like the versatility of a flour starter. 

I know it has been a while since I have posted much on here.  Life kind of happens.  I was watching my grandson for my daughter then life happened and she lost her job during this pandemic.  I will not go there because everyone has their own thoughts on what is going on.  It probably is better for me to keep mine to myself.

Click here to learn how to make your own starter.  I know most people do not have one just lying around.  It takes a few days to make one and believe it or not it does not take a rocket scientist to make your own starter.  



Last night I had fed my starter and thought let's make pancakes tomorrow for breakfast.  I have some flash-frozen blueberries leftover from last summer.  Blueberry pancakes.  YUMMY.  



This recipe I have played with to attempt to make it light and fluffy.  I think they are getting there now.  

I love to use quail eggs in place of chicken eggs.  They are a bit richer and the flavor is better.  Plus the positive is I do not have to buy quail eggs.  However, it is not something you have to use.  A regular chicken is will do.



SOURDOUGH PANCAKES

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 1 cup sourdough starter
  • 1 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1 large egg beaten (I used 4 small quail eggs)
  • 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extracts

Directions
  • Mix the first 4 ingredients together with a whisk.  Add the liquid (rest of ingredients) to the dry mix and stir well.  
  • If you are using fruit add at the last and fold into batter. 
  • Cook on a hot skillet until brown.
  • Serve with your choice of toppings. 
FYI I make my own vanilla extract. Click here for the recipe.  Super easy and it is so much better than anything you can buy from the stores.


They are quite delicious and what a great way to use your discard sourdough starter.


Of course, I cooked some homemade bacon to go with the sourdough pancakes.

Take a good look at the inside of these pancakes.


ENJOY!!

here is another discard recipe that I hope to have up soon.  Apple Cider Cinnamon Doughnuts.  



I also make wonderful focaccia with my discard sourdough starter.  



Hang tight.  I hope to have these recipes up soon.  










Comments

  1. Gonna miss them awesome pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are still eating these pancakes silly man. Made them yesterday for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS