3 WAYS OF COOKING A WHOLE CHICKEN

As I was just posting my Oven Beer Butt Chicken recipe, I noticed I have 3 ways of cooking whole chickens on my blog.  

Do you ask why I have 3 ways?  Are you curious which is my favorite way?  Read on to find out.  

1.  The first whole chicken I featured was Instant Pot Chicken.  I so love my instant pot and this did turn out a nice chicken.  Great points are that it is quick and so easy.  Nice flavor and to crisp the skin just take it out and place on a casserole dish and brown under the broiler.  


2.  In June I posted my Easy Oven Roasted Chicken in the Clay Baker.  This is a wonderful recipe.  Almost everyone that tries it will agree with me.  Again, like the Instant Pot Chicken, you will not have crispy skin but all you have to do is take the lid off and allow to cook on broil for a short while.  



3.  Today I posted Oven Beer Butt Chicken.  Another super easy way of cooking a whole chicken.  Love the fact the skin gets crispy and you can add veggies to the bottom of the dish and allow the chicken juices to flavor the vegetables.  




All three have positive reviews and are good.  The flavor is really nice on all three and you can use any seasonings you wish to enhance the taste.  Numbers 1 and 2 have to go under the broiler to have crispy skin.  Leaving only number 3 with only the one step to cook and come out crunchy and crisp.

I guess overall my favorite would be the Easy Oven Roasted Chicken in the Clay Baker.  I just love the amazing taste that the clay baker gives the chicken.  I do not care about eating the skin so it not being crispy is not a huge point for me.  I always layer potatoes, onion, carrots, radishes and cabbage down and allow the chicken juices to flavor the vegetable mix.  It is nice that you have almost an entire meal with one pot.  

Remember that is just my taste.  It is not my husbands.  He prefers Oven Beer Butt Chicken.  

I found it rather funny when I noticed I have 3 ways of cooking a whole chicken.  I love cooking and playing around with a recipe.  I have no reason or rhyme on why I have 3 ways but I can say all 3 have their good qualities.  All are good for their own reasons.

You really would need to try all 3 to get your results.  I hope you do.  If you do try any of them please feel free to make comments and/or post pictures.  I love hearing from people.

ENJOY!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS