WHAT A DAY


I do not even know where or how to begin.  I mean, this day has been crazy.  Have you ever had one of those days where you have no clue how you have had the energy to do anything because you have had like zero sleep?  

Let me tell you how it began.  Which means I have to go back to last night.  I was tired but I could not sleep so I went into the bedroom to watch a Christmas movie.  At 11:01 pm, Scott came to bed and I cut off the lights. Cut and dry, right?  Well, NO.  I woke up 5 times or more between the time the lights went out till 3:03 am.  So help me I am not lying.  As I was laying there at 3:03 am trying to go back to sleep... BOOM!!!  Yep, you heard me or read that correctly.  There was a loud boom in my house.  It sounded like a door being slammed rather loudly.  I screamed to Scott that someone had just slammed a door.  Why in the world I felt I had to scream is beyond me considering he was right beside me.  

We both get up and starting turning on lights and try to figure out what had happened.  Scott goes out and looks around the house and we could NOT figure out what had happened.  Needless to say, there was no way I was going back to sleep.

Now let me backtrack a week ago last Saturday.  Someone burnt down our gheenoe.  In burning down the gheenoe the person killed my favorite rabbit, Geroge.  I really am being polite because we are really upset that this happened.  Now with all of that said, you get why we were more than upset with the loud boom noise.  I mean who would not be upset but with the gheenoe being burnt we were extra cautious. 


Again I said, I was not able to go back to sleep.  Finally, after tossing and turning for 2 hours, I get up and start laundry.  I mean why toss and turn right?  I go on to make my to-do list for the day and make/pack Scott his breakfast, coffee, and lunch.  I knew I had fed my sourdough starter the night before and I needed to make bread but I had to run to the store to get flour.  Off I go.  I wake Scott to tell him I was going to the store and it was time for him to get up anyway.  He told me he would like to sleep another 30 minutes.  Figured I would wake him when I returned.  I go out to the garage and hit the garage door opener to find the door would not open.  I notice something that looked strange on the wall above the door but I have no clue about such stuff.  I go back into the house and wake Scott again.  Well, turns out that loud boom was the spring for the garage door had broke.   We could not get the garage door open.  Thank goodness I found this out prior to Scott leaving for work.  

With all that said, I am still at about 2 hours of sleep and I still need flour.  I ran to the store before Scott left and he was able to get the door open but that meant that we had everything open and it was not safe to leave the house.  

Being stuck at the house got me to thinking just what could I do today.  I pull out 3 bags of chickpeas, 2 bags of Great Northen beans and 2 bags of kidney beans.  I also had turkey stock that needed to be canned.  When you pressure can it is not a quick thing to do.  You have to clean jars.  Prepare the canner, soak beans, and you have to heat it all up, bring it to pressure, allow steam to release for 10 minutes, build pressure, well you can see it is not a quick process and I did this 3 times today.   



Even with it being a long process you have some free time, which I filled with making breakfast quinoa bowls, bring down my Christmas decorations and making yogurt... Oh and of course making homemade sourdough.  

Did I mention I did 3 loads of laundry and put clean sheets on the bed?  

I actually surprised Scott with the house being decorated because we had a bit of an argument last night because I had said I was not decorating this year.  I am just really not in the mood this year for Christmas.  That is for several reasons but the main one is this is my first Christmas without my dad and Saturday, December 1 would have been his 85 birthday.  I have to admit I am a bit lost this holiday season.  Now I do not have the tree up yet but I did not have time for that.  

I think I had so much energy because I am so exhausted.  Kind of like running on empty but for some reason, there is something keeping you going.  

As the time is approaching 7 pm I feel totally whooped.  I think I am crashing but ya know what, my house sure smells good and my house is semi-decorated for Christmas.  Love the smell of freshly baked bread.  Oh, and the turkey broth makes the house smell like soup. Wait there is soup on the stove too.  


I really hope I am not too exhausted to sleep tonight.  If you have ever had a day like I have had today, I am sure you understand what I mean.

ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS